You Are Reading

OUGD504 - Studio Brief 2 - Final Concept Plans.

My final crit has swung a new direction again for me to follow, I had feedback directing certain aspects of my work that made me feel like the design aspects were no longer working. Which to me, isn't right.

Overall, the concept is still strong, there are just minor tweaks that could make it better and more focused for me to work with.

The whole journey of the audience is an overall successful feature but there needs to be a very important question I didn't think about included within the process. "What is your budget?" - A key element to people that are first starting out in photography is that they don't want to spend much money on anything, however sometimes people want the best that they can get.

The whole concept of the website wasn't very obvious to the people that were viewing my work and this needs to change. With a more focused direction I should reflect this in branding and information and way-finding through the website to make everything obvious, clear and useful to the audience.

I decided to narrow down the photography spectrum down to digital as I felt as if I was asking too much of myself to research the content for every single camera and lens type, what was the best, what they were the best at what they did and then creating a separate web page for each one.

The new, improved and final concept is:

"A website which helps amateurs and professionals alike with choosing their digital photography equipment based on a series of questions such as their budget, their speciality and their level of knowledge. A page which acts as a bank of terminology to help amateurs learn what words mean what. As well as an online shop which the audience would be able to purchase their chosen camera bodies and lenses once advised."

My next stage is to develop a stronger brand/identity to the site. This will strengthen the visual elements and overall make the site a lot more successful and appealing to the audience.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.