You Are Reading

OUGD505 - Studio Brief 1 - Publication Final Crit

I mocked up my publication with the correct binding method, print method and stock to help people understand the quality and feel of it.





Some areas for improvement that were mentioned consisted of the following:

Sometimes feels like there is too much text - keep friendly and not too overwhelming!
Title on cover isn't clearly readable unless you look closely.

Some text repeats itself.

Try using dark green thread for the binding?

Consider the dark green theme for the packaging as well as its protective nature of the publication?





First I looked online in search for a supplier of green thread which would match the colour of my book, I sent an email to a website I found asking for a close matching pantone code for the green thread they had. If that was suitable I would buy that for my final publication.



I changed the front cover to make it more legible.



After speaking to several other people on the subject, a few said they liked the black thread more because otherwise there'd be too much green. This made me think it was entirely a subjective opinion and didn't need to be changed as it is functional and works with the design the same as if I had used green thread.

Finally, reading through the publication again I noticed where I'd repeated myself, however this was only if a further point was made or it was directly related to the topic itself. Several others believed this made sense and didn't see it as overwhelming, maybe because the people that gave me feedback were not my target audience, it just didn't add up.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.