You Are Reading

OUGD503 - Studio Brief 1 - Individual Practice - Logan Pictures Logo

An old friend from primary school got in touch and told me that she really loves my work and has been showing her boyfriend on a regular basis, she then went further to explain that he is a videographer and producer and is in need of an identity. She asked for an email address for him to contact me on and it was left at that.

I got an email the next day from the man himself.




A part of me died when I read the wolverine references and tried to think of a professional, yet constructive reply to warn him away from the already thought out concept.




From here on it was nothing but positivity between us with constructive and friendly development to increase my knowledge in what he was wanting and expecting from my skill set.


The company name was narrowed down to Logan Pictures, the style he was wanting was professional, edgy and of a calligraphic background like an example I sent him:



The deposit was sent and we agreed for me to work on the outcomes until I was confident with it and then send him the update.


The first thing I did with the money he gave me was order some calligraphy markers online, this gave me the chance to play with something I wasn't very confident with so would hopefully increase my understanding and practice with hand lettering.

After a few piles of screwed up paper I came to an idea I quite liked. I then developed it on one sheet with the shape, then the sort of outline I'd be wanting to achieve, then with pencil shading to make sure it looked good and then I went for it.


I was really happy with the outcome so took a photo of it and then processed it digitally until it was a corrected vector, still with slight imperfections to keep the hand rendered style.
 I then texturised it and added some grain to make it look worn down and used out. This was an element he particularly liked about some previous design work I have already completed. I sent him the outcomes and he was really really happy with it.

I created a colour copy (involving yellow in reference to wolverine's costume to make the client happy), which he loved. And finally I put it on a blurred out photo I had taken a while ago to show him what it would look like in the opening credits of a video.




Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.